Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas me Some MUSIC!

I was stalling the Christmas Tree "putting up" event. I love my tree, I want the ornaments to remain intact...you know...free from 20 little fingers grabbing at them all day. I asked around for baby proofing ideas and my boss told me this:

Wrap a bunch of presents (empty boxes even) and place them around the tree.

It worked! I thought Kyle the climber may begin a journey to the top of the tree but he has stayed away, content to sit and look at the lights. Luke swats at the lower branches...that's about it.. so far so good.

When we were putting up the tree I played my favorite Christmas CD...which is The Barenaked Ladies - Barenaked for the Holidays. My favorite song?

Elf's Lament. Take a listen HERE

Which made me search for a comparable CD. Fun for both adults and kids. No luck...

What do you listen to at Christmas time? What makes you dance and smile and feel the true spirit of Christmas?

5 comments:

  1. Great idea!

    My favourite Christmas CD is Clay Aiken. I KNOW. but my all time favourite song is on there, Mary Did You Know.

    And Jack is doing Silent Night for his piano recital so I get to hear that daily. He's getting good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay this is really dumb, and i mean really dumb, but I grew up with my parents playing the kenny and dolly christmas record (ha, record!) and now it's one of my old time favs! blame the parentals, they ruined me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubs always makes CDs of all different songs and we usually use one of those to boogie to! But one of our all time faves is the classic Amy Grant album "Home For Christmas".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Favorite has always been Burl Ives Holly Jolly Christmas! And the Charlie Brown Christmas is great too! Our two traditions. But we also are listening to Point Of Grace Christmas, Glee Christmas, MercyMe Christmas, and Josh Groban Noel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I downloaded the new Glee Christmas album and it's pretty fun! A new twist on a few classic songs! Two of my other faves include Sarah Mclachlan's "Wintersong" and Josh Groban's "Noel" album! :)

    ReplyDelete