Thursday, May 28, 2009
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
I have spoken to a few friends who told me that in the first 12 weeks the babies take every nutrient from you and most of your weight gain starts after week 12. I'm not worried about the weight as I know I can get it off later. My biggest worry is not eating enough or not eating enough of the right nutrients. All I know is that I eat ALOT. Eating is a full time job for me and it takes a while to prepare my food for the day each day. Tim laughs as I honestly travel with my buffet.... I never know when we will be home or out and I like to be prepared.
So there you have it! Do me a favor and look back at your maternity pictures and smile.... it truly is an amazing gift we have as women to be able to do this.
Friday, May 15, 2009
This one is for you Jaimi (Thank goodness I'm in the privacy of my own home.....only Tim will get a good laugh out of watching me try and pretend like I am flexible enough to touch my toes. I also may not be walking tomorrow from being on the balls of my feet for an hour, but I am willing to make that sacrifice!)
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
- American Idol
- Biggest Loser
- Amazing Race
- Project Runway (Canada and US)
- Canada & America's Next Top Model
I realized that I am a reality junkie....
When did this happen? My life used to be filled with Beverly Hills 90210, Melrose Place, CSI, Seinfeld, the local news for goodness sakes!! TV Tropolis does make it on every now and then so I can watch reruns of 90210, the new one makes me feel really old.
So last night was the finale of the biggest loser...craziness as usual, those people are in such a confined space of structure with no outside influences that once the game is over and reality sets in, I would bet money that many gain some weight back. Even so, I am addicted to watching their scales each week!
Tonight was American Idol. I may be one of the only non-Adam fans...sorry. I like Chris and his accoustic performance last night of Kanye's "Heartless" was amazing.
My only non-reality show - "Grey's Anatomy" ends this week too. While I have not been overly impressed by the story line this season, I tune in to see Patrick Dempsey (Can't Buy Me Love was an awesome movie!) look extra cute each week. Yummy.
As the reruns are set to begin, I am feeling a bit sad....I cannot watch a summer full of Jon & Kate plus 8 (although the newest gossip on them is quite juicy!) Nor can I handle Table for 12 (who has that many kids naturally anymore?).
So what on earth am I going to watch? Maybe this is a good time to test my ability to give up TV for the summer... has anyone ever done it? Maybe I will read more, or go to bed at a decent time.
Or maybe I will just watch the reruns....
Friday, May 8, 2009
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Ok, that's better Cole, both hands in front crossed, very polite, goes with the preppy collar I put on you... sorry bud, I promise to buy you some cool shorts and t-shirt for tomorrow's game.
In order for all the kids to play, the team is split into lines of 3, each getting about 5 minutes of play before a much needed water break. I'm not sure I laughed that hard in a long time. It looked like a swarm of bees running around after the ball, they moved in a pack.... Of course there is one kid on the team that has played before....he is also much taller and likely could play with the 5-6 years olds. Cole thought he was awesome....
I think Cole was setting up some defence there, or a potential opening for the superstar to PASS him the ball at some point......passing is not in a 4 year olds mind set....near the end, Cole came over and told us he had yet to score a goal but that his team was winning. His big blue eyes searched for some reassurance... and we gave it to him. He went back out onto that field with newfound energy and focus.
Check out the 3 girls hovering around him......I changed his shirt as you may have noticed, I guess the ladies noticed too!
This lead to Cole McQueen's first goal of the season! Score!
A great way to start off the season and end the beautiful spring evening.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Many of you have asked me over the years how I am able to find Lululemon stuff cheap cheap cheap!! Today I am releasing the secret..... actually it's not that big of a deal...try it out and see if you can find a deal.
I buy 4 things on Ebay. Lululemon, Robeez, kids clothing and Sporting goods (under armour clothing, runners). That is pretty much it. I also sell Lululemon and Under Armour on Ebay. The sales support my purchases! Here are my tips for buying. I will post on selling at a later date.
1. Know what you are looking for, know your size and most importantly know the retail price of the item in the store. For example, I know that my favorite Still Pants By Lululemon are $98 plus tax retail. I also know that Robeez are $27.99 plus tax here.
2. Start searching daily. Listings are being posted daily and some people list for only 2 days, some 5 and others 7. You need to be searching everyday to see if any new items have come up.
3. Have a max price in your mind. Often I will enter my max bid for the item. If I am willing to pay $50 max then I enter that and if the auction goes above $50 Ebay will email me and I can make a decision to increase my max bid or not. If the auction does not go above $50 then ebay will email me to tell me I have won the item (for whatever the last bid price was). This helps you avoid the potenial bidding war with someone and overpaying just because you want that item or you get caught in the auction hype.
4. Do not forget to check the shipping costs! Sellers can make alot of money on shipping! Do not forget to factor in the shipping cost (plus exchange if you are buying from another country). I had a friend pay $10 to ship a plastic halloween bag costing $1. if the seller does not list a shipping cost, send them an email and get one confirmed. You do not want a surprise when the invoice arrives!
5. Check the condition of the item and the sellers feedback rating. Detailed feedback is given for all sellers by their purchasers. You can find out whether the seller lists the item in the correct condition, whether the shipping was fast, whether the item even arrived, communication and overall satisfaction. I will not purchase from a seller who does not have 99-100% feedback.
6. If the sellers listing notes they will only ship to the US, send the seller a quick email asking whether he/she would consider shipping to your country. Often the shipping is similar.
7. Set up a paypal account if you plan on making regular purchases, it's safe and secure and most Ebay sellers will only accept this method of payment
I love Ebay, I can avoid the mall and get some great prices. My latest finds were:
- Robeez for $15 including the shipping (makes a great baby gift)
- Lululemon maternity tank workout top for $20!,
- My runners which the seller had worn once, were $49 where they are $130 retail here
- Tall black real "Uggs" for $81 USD including shipping. Per the seller, these were worn once but arrived in the box and looked as good as new.
Have you scored any great deals lately? Pass along some great finds or any Ebay tips you may have!
Friday, May 1, 2009
That happened to me the other day and I endured a 45 minute cardio session without any music. Painful......
This made me realize how much I rely on music to get me through my workouts. I love all types of music, anything with a good beat will do. I am not biased, country, hip hop, pop, rock, whatever catches my ear. Sirrius satellite radio helps as the US has different hits coming out at different times then Canada.
Anyways, my challenge for you this week is to get that mp3 player loaded up with some tunes you like, at least 45 min to an hours worth of music. Make sure the speeds are not all the same as you are going to change up your speed depending on the music. This can be done outside or on the treadmill, whatever works best for you.
If the song is faster, run to the beat, slower, walk it. If it's really slow lunge it out. Skip, run backwards, side suffle, whatever works. Play with that incline, but most of all have some fun!
Here was my playlist this morning:
1. Divine Brown - Sunglasses
2. Viva La Vida - Coldplay
3. Kiss me through the phone - Soulja Boy
4. That's not my name - Ting Tings
5. Karl Wolf - Africa
6. My life would suck without you - Kelly Clarkson
7. Carrie Underwood - Flat on the Floor
8. Dead End Countdown - The New Cities
9. Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
10. Girls Just Wanna Have fun - Miley Cyrus
11. If you Seek Amy - Britney Spears
12. Breaking Dishes -Rhianna
13. Part of Me - Chris Cornell
14. I know you want me - Pitbull
15. Single Ladies - Beyonce
So tell me, what is on your IPOD this week, I need some new tunes!