I just booked an appointment with another stylist (who I used to see regularly) while the one I usually go to is away on vacation.
I feel terribly guilty....BUT, I have weighed all the pros and cons and have come to a conclusion...
- current stylist is cheap. She is my sisters friend and will do a cut and highlights for $50
- she is funny and keeps me entertained throughout my appointment
- she is a great stylist, has won many awards. I have never had a bad haircut or color when I see her
- she is cheap....I know this is a repeat but who does not like a deal! The $50 I save can be spent on many other fine things!
- She's 20 minutes further away
- she is always late, by at least a half hour
- she talks WAY too much (I am too old to listen to sexual escapades!) and my appointment takes 3 hours
- she answers her cell phone while I am in the chair...and leaves the room to do so. Who is more important than "moi"? Come on, I am paying you a whole $50!!!
- when she cuts my hair, she snips snips twice with the scissors and then tells me a story....a multi-tasker she is NOT! Hence the 3 hours.
- she drinks a bottle of wine during my appointment....hence the 3 hours....not cool when preggie here cannot participate in the festivities
- She "needs" a smoke while I am overheating under the dryer...there are only so many fashion mags I can read while I pass out from the color fumes enhanced by my overextended time under that dang dryer. My lectures on smoking, lung cancer and death have obviously not scared her enough.
So there you go. The list of cons was just too long, and given the level of discomfort I am feeling when I sit for even 30 minutes completely outweighs the $50 I would save.
I fully realize that when we return to one income this winter I will come crawling back to her begging for a cheap cut and 3 hours away from the chaos that will certainly be taking place at the McQueen "full of boys" household . She will also take one look at my hair and KNOW I cheated on her...and then trash talk the stylist for an hour while she "fixes" the mess (stylists are very protective of their work...no?). My $50 will increase to $80 no doubt!
I am prepared to deal with that...a bottle of red wine should keep the peace?