Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pain in the you know what!

Back when we started IVF, I wrote a post about all the issues with pregnancy, including one about a friend who had a vein pop out "down below".

Well......

I guess my smooth sailing pregnancy has suddenly turned to OMG painful pregnancy. Can I take a moment to just vent....

My whole right side is numb, thanks to "the vein" that has decided to pop out of the you know what. Supposedly it happens when alot of pressure is building up down there.......NOT FUN. When my friend purchased herself a little harness for her vein off of the internet, I chuckled a bit.....well now the laugh is on ME! Harness here I come!

My belly is pushing straight out......I cannot even touch my belly button region, it's like nails on a chalkboard uncomfortable.

I have had a cold/nasal congestion for 3 weeks now. The first week I slept 2 hours a night. Finally the doc gave me some Nasonex and it helped after another week of sleepless nights. Last night I finally managed 6 hours of straight sleep, it felt like heaven, until I stood up to walk...and the vein started to rub. Good Lord! Me and Epson salt baths are one.....I am sooooo clean. I look like a prune from all the time I am spending in the tub. Cole has even moved his toys into the bathroom to play while I veg out in the tub 3 times a day. Good times....

I am having a garage sale on Saturday. My neighbors are helping me and so is my mom. Tim wants NOTHING to do with a garage sale and will move more stuff over to the new house with Cole (that way Cole is not aware of what is being sold!!) Problem is, my mom thinks I should not just "give away" my stuff. She thinks that if I do not get a good price for something then I should keep the junk, store it and then try and sell it again next summer....her attachment to stuff is mind blowing....that is a post in itself. I want her help, but she is judging and lecturing more than she is helping.....

I have hit the 2 digit numbers for time remaning on this pregnancy. Yay!!! This also means I still have 98 days (technically only 80 since these munchkins are coming out at 38 weeks)... 98 days to deal with this skin, vein, overall irritation flowing through my entire body. Booooo...

So I'm saying a little prayer for myself this week......a little favor to rid me of this vein...make it crawl back to where it came from...it's not right, it's making me grumpy...I want to be blissfully pregnant.....

I know, back to reality Cheryl. It is what it is....just deal with it. Thanks for listening....venting always makes me less grumpy..

9 comments:

  1. Oh man, that must be just plain awful and you have every right to vent! And it does always make you feel better doesn't it?

    ARG on the garage sale and your mom. My mom and I are on the same page - get rid of the stuff. We don't have the patience for garage sales. To Value Village it goes, dump it and leave!

    Ps isn't it time for a belly shot? I wished I lived closer so I could just see you IRL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy. Sorry to hear that! I heard about that vain from someone else - maybe it's the same person. From the way she described it, I would never EVER wish it on anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you poor thing. i am so sorry. at least you are clean and cole is having fun!

    my mom is the same way and it drives. me. crazy. oh and kirstyn is following in her footsteps. i'm surrounded by hoarders! help. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big hugs to you, Cheryl. Vent all you like, my dear...that's what blogs are for...to get these nasty feelings off your chest(or wherever!!). I was delighted to see the day count leave the 100's. Very exciting!! Get some Tucks as that helped me after Jennifer's birth with you know what you know where. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kmom is the same as yours. I am like take something else i will just give it to you,as long as i dont have to put it away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is OUCH! I hope it heals quickly so you can enjoy the remainder of your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Cheryl, I had the same issues, hang in there, and just keep those two boys in as long as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh honey, so sorry you're in pain. That is NO fun and the sleeping issue, that just plain stinks. I'm glad you were able to get some relief. Prayers that you fee better and there is less pain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, man! Thanks for the link. I didn't know that was even possible!! I have a cyst in a similar spot that is getting bigger and bigger. My doc says he can cut it out when I give birth. Doesn't that sound inviting, especially since I would prefer to not use an epidural???

    ReplyDelete