Have you ever started your workout, put your earbuds in, pressed play on your Ipod or mp3 player and.....
That happened to me the other day and I endured a 45 minute cardio session without any music. Painful......
This made me realize how much I rely on music to get me through my workouts. I love all types of music, anything with a good beat will do. I am not biased, country, hip hop, pop, rock, whatever catches my ear. Sirrius satellite radio helps as the US has different hits coming out at different times then Canada.
Anyways, my challenge for you this week is to get that mp3 player loaded up with some tunes you like, at least 45 min to an hours worth of music. Make sure the speeds are not all the same as you are going to change up your speed depending on the music. This can be done outside or on the treadmill, whatever works best for you.
If the song is faster, run to the beat, slower, walk it. If it's really slow lunge it out. Skip, run backwards, side suffle, whatever works. Play with that incline, but most of all have some fun!
Here was my playlist this morning:
1. Divine Brown - Sunglasses
2. Viva La Vida - Coldplay
3. Kiss me through the phone - Soulja Boy
4. That's not my name - Ting Tings
5. Karl Wolf - Africa
6. My life would suck without you - Kelly Clarkson
7. Carrie Underwood - Flat on the Floor
8. Dead End Countdown - The New Cities
9. Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
10. Girls Just Wanna Have fun - Miley Cyrus
11. If you Seek Amy - Britney Spears
12. Breaking Dishes -Rhianna
13. Part of Me - Chris Cornell
14. I know you want me - Pitbull
15. Single Ladies - Beyonce
So tell me, what is on your IPOD this week, I need some new tunes!