Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Click Click, here I go!

Tonight is THE night!

I have wanted to do this for years...and years...and finally I chose to do it when I have 3 young kids at home, and I'm working 15 hours a week....
Photography school!

My parents bought me this fantastic SLR camera for my birthday and I have no clue how to take a decent picture with it (ahem, as the self portrait above shows...where are my eyes hiding??? )

Every Tuesday night for 3 hours I will be in school, with other adults, learning the ins and outs of MY camera AND how to take great pictures. Lighting, posing etc...

My heart is leaping with excitement...I have warned everyone that they will have to put up with my lens in their face for 8 weeks. Deal with it family...you will thank me!

Cole is thrilled, he has been my test subject these past few weeks as I learn how to even hold this beast of a camera (which is killer given my carpal tunnel is back)


The twins....well Luke is shocked that I chose to leave him at bed time I'm sure..
Kyle....well he is likely just happy the tummy time nazi is away ...playtime on the back can resume!
See, I need help....and darn it, I am going to get it...tonight!
Wish me luck!

9 comments:

  1. Those pictures are all great! Have fun and I can't wait to see your assignments!

    And what's that about our carpal tunnel? Be gone evil carpen tunnel syndrome, be gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LUCKY GIRL!!
    One of these days I'm gonna get into a photography class...one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time and the boys are A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E (love Luke's shocked expression)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos...of course you can't have bad photos with such handsome test subjects!

    Enjoy your class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off your kids are so adorable

    second, good luck with the camera class, that is on my list of things to do. Maybe you could blog all about what you learn, you know in your spare time LOL ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun! I'd be super excited too. I love photography and there are no better subjects to photograph than your kids.
    Your boys are adorable. I love the one on your side bar, too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your comments about the twins' reaction to your endeavors made me laugh-- how cute! You look adorable posing with your camera, by the way. Can't wait to see your "work"!

    ~Elizabeth
    Confessions From A Working Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! I am dying to get a Digital SLR and hope to pick one up soon! Keep us posted on the class and share your tips!

    Shane
    www.calgarydaddy.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your class is going well.

    I want to kiss those sweet baby faces... :)

    ReplyDelete