Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Little Man

Remember when 5 years seemed soooo long? Like when you were 11 and wanted to drive or when you were 13 and wanted a taste of beer (well... at least I wanted one..) Even when I got married at 25 to when I had Cole at 30, life seemed to go in slow motion. There was travelling, studying, working long hours at the office.

And then I woke up yesterday and my boy was 5 years old. Getting himself ready for school, singing happy birthday to himself. Excited about his birthday dinner with family.

I cried.

Sure there may be some hormonal issues running through me right now, but don't you just wish you could pause life once in a while...make time stand still and really enjoy the moment. I spent the morning nesting...sorting pictures, laughing and crying as I looked through each of his birthdays.....

2nd birthday



3rd birthday


4th birthday


5th birthday




Sushi was the special request, california rolls to be exact, and a BOLT cake. Quite the pallet this boy has.

Time is going way too fast for me. I want as much time as possible with Cole yet I know that each year, my time with him will decrease. School, friends, activities will take priority over chilling with mom and dad.

As we anticipate the major changes that will occur in the next few weeks, I want my little man to know how very special each and every day is with him. He gave me the BEST present ever...he made me a mommy.

Happy Birthday Cole!

6 comments:

  1. TIME FLIES...and there's such a huge difference between 4 and 5 (looks wise) it's incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...and, HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Cole! Wow....5 already! I remember when he was born. I totally wish we could freeze these moments in time and just play them back whenever we wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, this is so sweet, all you have to do is print this out and save it for him and he will know.

    Happy Birthday from all of us, little buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Cole!
    from Oliver + Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. happpy birthday Cole, you sure are a very special and VERY loved boy! OK Cheryl, now you have me in tears too!

    ReplyDelete