Thursday, November 12, 2009

nearing the end...

Remember the last few weeks of pregnancy? It's been 5 years since I was pregnant and I've forgotten how completely uncomfortable one can get these last few weeks. Here is my list of what I miss most...

  • Walking without wincing
  • Seeing my feet, I'm thinking they need another pedicure...want the docs to have cute feet to look at!
  • Showering without having to sit down!
  • Shaving my legs easily...
  • Sleeping on my stomach (I know it's bad for me but it was my position of choice)
  • Shopping at Lululemon (actually any store would do besides Motherhood Maternity)
  • Using my right hand (the doc said the carpal tunnel MAY go away on delivery....pardon?, I'm having 2 babies...I NEED the use of 2 hands)
Do any of these items ring a bell? I'm sure in 5 years they will each be a distant memory...

None of my issues relate to my actual body...I have really enjoyed watching my belly grow this time. Maybe it comes with maturity, maybe it's the fact that I will likely not grow a belly again. Either way, I'm proud of myself for focussing on the babies these past 9 months and letting my body do what it needed to do. It's almost time to get this body back into fighting form... almost...for now...I will rest.

4 comments:

  1. I remember all of those, except the numb arm one! The day I got home from the hospital with each of my boys I slept on my stomach! It was glorious, even if it was for only 2 hours at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am willing to be this arm thing goes away. You didn't have this before, did you?

    I sleep on my stomach too, naysayers be damned! It was what I looked forward to after having the boys tood :)

    Yipee!!! So soon you will be a Mommy again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so very familiar, especially the part about sitting in the shower. Cant say I miss those days very much ;-)

    ReplyDelete