Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bridesmaid...Round 3



Well, when it rains, it pours weddings around here..
Tim's brother just proposed to his girlfriend of a few years while vacationing in Jamaica.

Isn't it funny how the SECOND a girl gets engaged, the brain starts planning.. the wedding switch flicks to "on" and away we go...I was the same, aren't most girls?

Bridesmaid round 3 for me....I've got this honor down to a science now. No Problemo.

Saturday I met up with the lovely bride to watch her dress fitting. Yes, she had her dress within 3 days of being engaged. A gal who knows what she wants. Love it.

We went to one bridesmaid dress store and less then 2 hours later, all 5 of us were fitted, deposits paid and done. DONE..done. Can I say I LOVE my dress? Love it!

Voila

It's comfy, fun, cute and perfect for me. While I did not choose this dress at first, the second I saw it on another girl I had to try it. I'm still learning to NOT judge a dress by the hangar!

The good old Winnipeg Wedding Social will be next on the list. For those who are scrunching their face in confusion....Winnipeg is known for it's winter wedding socials. It's a big party where you sell tickets for $10 and you rent a community centre, a DJ, provide cheap booze and some food and you have local businesses donate prizes for everyone to bid on. Tim and I made $5,000 at our social and paid the deposit on our first condo with it. This social thing has been attempted in other cities, with no luck. I don't get it, but I get it...you know?

Also talk of a stagette in Vegas. Score!! Finally, a trip for me! Anyone wanna come?

Did I mention a date for the wedding has yet to be set?

Minor detail.

Will keep you posted!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, most impressive! That is wedding efficiency at it's finest!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous dress! If I ever have to be a bridesmaid, I'll buy a dress off you.

    Wedding social? Wow, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice dress! Now you and Tim need to go on a few nice dates so you can wear those dresses again!
    Nope, no wedding socials here in Cowtown. Sounds like fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress is BEAUTIFUL!! And, I know you'll look beautiful wearing it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that dress! You could wear it again! That never happens!

    ReplyDelete