I was tagged by Kami today to participate in a meme that was started by HerBadMother (aka Catherine).
Her Bad Mother’s post is the departure lounge, "I'm going to link to a couple of other mom bloggers here in Canada, and to a couple of mom bloggers from other countries around the world, and they’ll write their posts, sharing 5 things that they love (or maybe what they don’t so much love - this playground doesn’t force conformity) about being a mom, and then they’ll tag a few more bloggers from their own country and from other countries, and so on. And you’re more than welcome to join: just write a post of your own (5 things that you love about being a mom) and find someone to link to and tag - someone from your own country, if you like, but definitely someone from another country (Google is a good resource if you don’t know any; Google any country name and ‘mom’ in their blog search function) (be sure to let them know that you’ve tagged them!) - and link back here and leave a comment and we’ll add you to the ‘itinerary,’ which David will compile and post and update as the tour proceeds.”
So here is my top 5!
1. The enthusiasm for life. Cole will try anything, he is thirsty for knowledge and new experiences. He is not tainted yet by bad experiences. I wish we could all have that....
2. Hearing that word "mom". I have said it to my mom for 35 years but to hear it being said to me every day is overwhelming.... so much love and trust all wrapped up into one little word.
3. Reliving childhood. I LOVE playing...I LOVE museums, movies, wandering around exploring, playing TAG. Now I get to do these things and actually remember them!
4. Seeing Tim and I within Cole. Cole looks like Tim (except my eyes thank you very much!). He also loves puzzles and books like I did as a child. He is care free and relaxed like his dad. I stare at him and think "we created him". Not often do we get to witness a miracle. Having a child is a miracle.
5. My mommy friends. A special bond is formed with my friends who have kids. Becoming a mom opened up new doors for support and dicussion, a kind of sharing circle without any judgement. I feel as though for me, being a mom is what I always wanted to be, I just never knew it would be this fulfilling. I have found a way to be "me" and yet be a mom too. I can honestly say becoming a mom has only enriched my already amazing life.
I am tagging my friend Jen, who has just started her blog about her life with 3 kids under 4..
Tomorrow is Ultrasound day for us, keep us in your thoughts that there is at least one healthy heartbeat in my belly.......if not 2!!